Is there a Gadget simliar to "Quick Links" that can be customized with URL links of my choice?

My intention is to link to certain Project Reports that I commonly use.

I don't like having to recreate the reports with parameters (Project or Filter) every time I view the report.

6 answers

2 votes

Try the "text" gadget - you can put html into that, with your links.

I seem to remember it's disabled in the default install, you need to go into admin -> plugins to enable it.

Paul, I had one of our users ask me about such a gadget this morning as well, and I agree it would be a useful tool.  I don't like enabling the text gadget for everyone because of the security risks, and many of our users wouldn't know how to format a list of links anyway – even using the toolbar.  So, I made an official request to Atlassian for a custom links gadget: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41424.  Please vote on this issue if you would like to see an official gadget as well.  Thanks.

Would add that you'll want to set up your links with the target=blank, otherwise the page will load within the gadget itself.  This will allow the page to open in a new tab

<a href="https://www.google.com/" target="_blank">google.com</a>

We use the text-gadget to provide different ind of link-lists, overview boxes, mini-portals,...

So just try the option suggested by Nic.

BR, Markus

This works great!  Thank you Collin!

0 votes
marry kim I'm New Here Wednesday

According to me Quick link will only be the best option for this as it is very easy to use and its features are also in the favour of the users.

Panda Customer Service number, the number which provides the instant support to the users those who are facing issues related to the virus.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,772 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot