It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is the server running or not.

Hey,

First, I apologize for my bad English.

Is there a way to create a service that tests whether Jira (and Confluence) are running and if not, starting them. But if that is not possible send me an email?

I hope you understand what I mean and can help me!

1 answer

hello, you can check if it's running by requesting "your.url/status" (works for both jira and conf):

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Status-URL-for-monitoring/qaq-p/146530

and then start it or not depending on what got returned

Thanks, but I like that to happen automatically.

well, bash + cron is the thing I guess

haven't done anything like this myself, but totally believe it's achievable

edit: to expand on what I said

inside the bash script you check for you server status with curl, and if it returns something but "running", it executes jira-start.sh

and with cron you run this script periodically, making it a service

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Linux and bash to be able to write such a script. Could someone Maybe help me please?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you