Is the official JIRA agile REST API removed/deprecated? If not, is there actual documentation somewhere?

After browsing around it seems it's no longer officially supported. Is this true? How are people migrating from other bug trackers supposed to recreate sprints? What about programmatically updating sprints? Why was this functionality removed/deprecated?

3 answers

1 accepted

I never received a good answer.

0 vote

I do not think it is deprecated. Agile plugin itself is using these APIs. I am not sure why there is not much documentation though!

0 vote

REST Deprecated? I'm not at all sure where you could find anything saying that! It's completely the opposite story - REST is the way forward for Atlassian stuff

See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

(Oh, unless you meant SOAP? - not really developed in Jira 4, deprecated in Jira 5, gone in Jira 7)

I think he meant the JIRA Agile REST API. No public docs for that. I use the REST API browser to find the details.

Ah, yes. I misunderstood.

Docs, no, but deprecated, definitely not, same as Jira.

If you read posts related to JIRA Agile REST interface people are saying that the api no longer shows up as public in the REST API browser and is kind of indicated as deprecated. Maybe it's just hidden for now? I'm just trying to understand what the official word is. I'd love to hear from someone inside Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

144 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you