Is the automation app for server now free?

Kyle Weston July 8, 2022

Hello,

For Jira Automation 8.0 June 21st it stated a new licensing model was put in place, and is now showing free app. I have a trial that's just ended, and want to be certain I'm looking at the right page. This was made free with this licensing update correct?

Thank you

Kyle Weston

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

Hi @Kyle Weston ,

There is a paid version of Automation and a free one, the free one offering less functionalities but still being very helpful in many cases :)

You can find there the free version,

and here the one you have to pay for.

Let me know if this helps,

Guilhem

Kyle Weston July 8, 2022

Hello @Guilhem Dupuy 

That's what I had thought, but the link to the paid version now states Free app, with the update since June.

This is what's throwing me off.

Thank you.

Kyle.

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

Oh you're right, then the app is now free too, you simply have to download it and you'll be able to use it without requiring any license.

Looks like we both learned something today then :)

Kyle Weston July 8, 2022

Excellent, thank you for the second pair of eyes on it, much appreciated!

0 votes
Brendan O Reilly November 2, 2022

@Guilhem Dupuy is the free server edition functionality limited as per the initial question from Kyle?

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2022

Nope it is not you'll get all functionalities without restrictions. You can try downloading it using this link, even if you're on Server I think the Data Center version should world.

Please tell me if it does :) 

Suggest an answer