Is the 10 member limit for a free version counts cumulative members or active members.

Noel Duong April 12, 2023

If I hit 10 members in the workspace and now I remove one person (removed from all projects) would this still count towards the 10 people limit for the free version of Jira?

• Does it mean: If I remove one person from the project, the total number of users in the project will be reduced to nine, and I will still be within the free tier. So I can add a new person to the board and that means I'm still in the free tier?
  • Or does it mean: I have used up the 10 free slots (license). Removing 1 person from the team does not reduce the used slot count to 9. Adding 1 more person at this point mean I've used 11 slots.

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

The 10 person limit applies to the Active (not suspended) users that have access to the product. Removing a person from a specific project does not remove their access to the Jira product.

You can go to https:/admin.atlassian.com, select Products to see how many users Atlassian is counting as licensed for that product. If you click on Manage Access next to the product

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.20.59 AM.png

that will take you to a page where you can click on the Licensed Users count to see a list of users licensed to use that product.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.18.47 AM.png

From the list of licensed users you can suspend a user

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.22.03 AM.png

...or click through Show Details and remove their Product Role for the product for which you want to remove their access.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.22.31 AM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hello @Noel Duong 

Did the answers we provided answer your question? If so, please consider marking the Answers as Accepted to help other users find post with validated answers/solutions.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2023

Only active members count.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events