Is possible to customized the colors shown in the bars of the advanced roadmap view?

Luz Guerrero November 25, 2022

In the basic view of the advanced roadmap the default option is set to colored by "status". It's possible to customize those colors shown in the bars? Instead of being blue or gray bars could it be something customizable like this: 

- Red bars: when the issue is overdue

- Green bars: when is in progress according to due dates

- Yellow bars: the issue haven´t started

Advanced Roadmap - Bar colors.png

Where is the option in the advanced roadmap for configuring these colors shown in the bars?

2 answers

2 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Luz Guerrero -

We are working on a predictive roadmap at minware and if you are open to a 3rd party we should be able to help. Below is the current version of the report - you can see various milestones above each project timeline, including due date.

It's pretty easy to see when work isn't going to be completed on time with this view but we would be happy to chat more about how you want to use this information and iterate on the visualization if needed / look into creating alerts or some other functionality that would be helpful. 

minware capacity_epic.png

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

Hey @Luz Guerrero hope all is well! Were you able to solve for ths?

Luz Guerrero February 7, 2023

Hello @Dan -minware- thanks for keeping me on mind. 

No, actually we haven´t solved it. We are working with the standard view with gray/blue/green default colors but if you think we can connect and review another possible solution let me know. 

Thanks in advanced. 

Regards, 

Luz.

Like Dan -minware- likes this
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2023

@Luz Guerrero OK - would love to connect and chat more about it. Happy to set up a call to show the tool as it is today or you can just visit the site (minware dot com) and launch a free trial and we can have that call looking at the tool with your data.

Let me know how you would like to proceed! 

Like Luz Guerrero likes this
Luz Guerrero February 8, 2023

@Dan -minware-  Great! We could schedule a teams session next week? I am in spain so do not know your timezone to set it up. For me could be Tuesday 14th during my morning or after my 3:30pm. Let me know your email and time proposed and I send you the invite?   

Thanks in advanced!

Luz

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2023

@Luz Guerrero  Yep, that should work. Do you want to shoot me a quick email so I can send over an event invite to hold the time? Dan {at} minware {dot} com. 

Luz Guerrero February 9, 2023

@Dan -minware-  yes great, 

luz.guerrero@accenture.com 

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2023

@Luz Guerrero Perfect - just sent over an event invite. Feel free to accept or propose another time. Looking forward to it!

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2022

Hi @Luz Guerrero 

You can add colours from the view settings but I don't think it will cover date checking

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/add-color-to-issues-on-your-advanced-roadmaps-timeline/

I used roadmaps for a recent cloud migration plan. I got a similar effect using release versions on the plan. They show up as vertical milestones. If an epic linked to a release is overdue it will show up as red (blue if in progress and green when released). The issues have alerts next to them to show overdue.
I wasn't dealing with actual releases, just dates for completion of phases of the migration.

Suggest an answer