Is it possible to use workflows to track issue through additional steps after resolution is set?

Ashley Bushi September 11, 2019

I want to use JIRA to track issues after they have been resolved, and the sprint they were resolved in is closed. Is there a way to move issues from one "done" status to another without reassigning/overwriting their original sprint, or resolution status?

After attempting to bulk move a number of issues from one done workflow status to another, they seemed to retain their resolution status, but they were re-added to the backlog as completed. 

1 answer

2 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hi @Ashley Bushi

From what I recall, a board utilise status(es) in the last column as "Done" within a sprint to track completion. 

You're correct that if the workflow is setup correctly, moving from one Done status to another is fine. For example, if your workflow has Resolved > Closed, you can set resolution when transitioning to Resolved and as long as you have no rules to remove/change the resolution, moving to Closed won't impact that.

For the board, this is what I suggest checking:

• Ensure the second Done status is also in the last column of the board and test moving an issue from the first to the second status after the closure of a sprint. If both are in the last column, I believe they should continue to be treated as sprint complete.
  • Remove the second Done status from the column mapping. That way once moved to the second Done status the issues won't have a method to reappear on the board. This shouldn't impact your reporting - but worth checking.

^ If neither of these work, let us know and I'm happy to replicate and test options :)

Ste

Suggest an answer