Is it possible to use an API call to get all issue ids that are in progress by assignee?

Michaiah_Gartner September 9, 2019

I want to use an API call to get all issues that are listed as "in progress" where the assignee is a specific user. I have a could of questions: 1) is this feasible to obtain through an api call and 2) what would be the best approach to obtain the information?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

1. Yes this can be obtained using API call.

2. Best way to get this is issue search api that takes JQL statement.

Here is reference to that api - https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.2.2/#api/2/search-search

And here is curl example,

curl -D- -u <USER_NAME>:<PASSWORD> -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" <JIRA_BASE_URL>/rest/api/2/search?jql=<JQL_QUERY> 

Above you can replace JQL_QUERY with url encoded,

status = "In Progress" AND assignee = "<ASSIGNEE_NAME>"
Michaiah_Gartner September 9, 2019

This is very helpful. Thank you!

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2019

@Michaiah_Gartner you are welcome.

if you found this helpful mark it as accepted answer/like so it can help others.

asad May 17, 2022

@DPKJ If my account is disabled for that jira server can i still get into the tickets I did?

asad May 17, 2022

@DPKJ can i get a list of JIRA_URIs from just my username and password?

Suggest an answer