Is it possible to use a custom page for html link instead of using CreateIssueDetails?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

We're about to initiate a beta test and would like the testers to create issues in Jira directly. The challenge is that to most testers, Jira is enourmous.

I'll use the following functionality to create a new issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+via+direct+HTML+links. My question is if anybody knows if I can replace the "CreateIssueDetails" page with something custom, or I have to stick to this one.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

What do you mean by custom? You can have other action names in there as long as the action does what you need. CreateIssueDetails is the action provided by JIRA to create the issue with selected project and issuetype.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

I would very much like to have the "CreateIssueDetails" page less overwhelming for the end-users. E.g. less fields. Basically only show Summary and description and let the rest be managed by the url.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

That is not possible unless you right a custom webwork action which does the same behind the scenes.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

Then I guess I'm stuck with what we have today :)

Suggest an answer