Is it possible to track in JIRA if a issue was reported through a from in confluence?

Stine Lise October 7, 2019

We use a form on a confluence page where people can create JIRA issues through a form. In our JIRA board we would like to see if a ticket was created through the form. Is that possible? Also, is it possible for the one who creates a JIRA issue in the form to receive the issue number and/or a confirmation of the receipt of the issue?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

Hi @Stine Lise 

How does this form create issues in Jira? Using REST API? 

Are you using Jira core, Software or Service Desk?

Ravi

Stine Lise October 7, 2019

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

I'm using Jira Project Management Softwarte.. does that help?

I'm not sure how the form creates issues in Jira, someone else created it. Sorry, I'm not a Jira pro (yet)! But if you click on it it looks exactly the same as if you would create an issue in Jira itself.

Thanks for your help!

Stine

Stine Lise October 8, 2019

It's called 'issue collector'. Do you know that?

Like Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ likes this
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Hi @Stine Lise 

Ok that good. In that case you can use a label like collector-123456789, this label should be added to the issue that is being raised. Using this label you can write a JQL in your Issue Navigator to filter issues that were raised using Issue Collector.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Stine Lise October 8, 2019

Thank you @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ !

I will try it and see if it works that way fors. Thanks! :)

Suggest an answer