Is it possible to switch off the new Issue View screens and return to the previous version

Kay September 5, 2018

Although I can switch to the old Issue View on individual tickets once opened, is it possible to just stick with the old view until such time as Jira has released promised enhancements such as capability of ordering of the fields shown on the right hand column, and also provides details of how to include fields which are currently missing from that column in the new view, and can only be accessed by going to the old view.

I also cannot easily create a linked issue with this new view and have to switch to the old to achieve this.

The old way of switching off a new view by clicking on my profile is missing - I can either see what you've changed, or send feedback.

newview.png

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2018

Hi Kay,

please have a look at your personal settings in Jira to find the following feature:

image.png

Unfortunately, it's not possible to globally disable the new Jira issue view for all kind of projects but I hope this helps you a bit. Best, Max

Kay September 5, 2018

Many thanks, but it does not work for the sort of projects I use.  Sorry, should have mentioned I'd already tried that too :/

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2018

Hi Kay, I already assumed that but hoped for the best. Didn't want to say "Sorry, but no"... :/

Kay September 5, 2018

Thanks for trying :)

Saw on their issues log that the specific custom field I need most of all wont work at all on the new view, even if we could reorder things,  Seems it can't cope with the select list cascading field type :(

Guess it's back to setting old view on each ticket.  Here's hoping they don't take that away too!

Mark Frederick January 3, 2020

I learned how to switch back to the old view using the several available methods, but the new issue view is killing my team of 30 (so badly some of them won't use Jira).  Will we be able to retain the old view indefinitely, or is there a cut-off date when all users must be converted over ?  

Suggest an answer