Is it possible to show sub tasks in the story map?

Ken van Mulder January 30, 2017

In the backlog view, you can see an issue along with sub tasks slightly indented. Is it possible to do the same with the story map?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2017

Hi Ken,

Yes, we're interested in bringing sub-tasks to the story map. And we do have it on our backlog, yet lower down the list.

The sub-task display on the backlog is fairly new behaviour which was brought to Kanban boards first. It hasn't yet made it to the Scrum boards in JIRA Cloud, let alone the JIRA Server release. From JSW-7992: Sub-tasks are now visible in Kanban boards with the Backlog enabled. We will continue to improve the interactions and appearance and will look to add sub-tasks to the Scrum backlog in the future.

So, long story short, yes we aim to do it, just not yet. I've made a note to follow up here once it is available.

Thanks Ken,
Nick 

Business Systems June 28, 2019

Wanted to check in on potential timing of this feature.  We have many sub-tasks and not having them show on the story map is not helpful from a visualization perspective.  Any updates on this?

Like Martin Fischer likes this
Martin Fischer April 13, 2021

I would also be interested in an update. Thanks!

Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Martin Fischer

Thanks for reaching out and your interest in seeing sub-tasks visualised on the Story Map. We have not yet scheduled the work to introduce sub-tasks to the Story Map. 

Our focus has been on improving the scalability of the Story Map with the introduction of more advanced filtering options, the ability to save and share views and improvements to the issue and epic creation experience which you will be available in our upcoming 6.5.0 release. 

I have made sure to add your comments and vote to the existing story on our backlog. I acknowledge that you are missing a key piece of information without the visualisation of sub-tasks today, and will make sure to reach back out here when we have committed to bringing you this functionality. 

Thanks Martin, I appreciate your patience and perseverance with Easy Agile User Story Maps

Teagan Harbridge
Head of Product - Easy Agile

Denise DeCesare October 19, 2021

I would be interested in seeing this feature as well. 

Suggest an answer