• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to set the field configuration(Renderer specifically) using java plugin(when the plugin gets installed)

Is it possible to set the field configuration(Renderer specifically) using java plugin(when the plugin gets installed)

I am creating a newCField using a JIRA Plugin that i have made using java. After creation of the field I want to set the Renderer property of newCField in the wiki Style Renderer in the DefaultScreenScheme

Java Code for creating of field :

jira java plugin.png

By this, my new field is created:

Name: MyField

Type:TextArea

Now, i want to set the Renderer of this field to WikiStyleRenderer. Currently it comes as DefaultTextRenderer.

Please help.

Thanks in advance 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Use FieldLayoutManager to get the EditableFieldLayout and use storeEditableFieldLayout method to store the fieldlayout after invoking setRendererType using the appropriate type.

Thanks @ Jobin Kuruvilla

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

134 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you