Is it possible to set a workflow property programmatically ?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

I want to set the jira.field.resolution.exclude property programmatically.

If it possible, how can I set the value and in what scenario?

Thanks,

Bharadwaj Jannu

1 answer

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Yes, it's possible but I do not see its value. Workflows objects are somehow shared, and altering a property programatically based on the values from an user will change the WF for all the users.

If you want to exclude properties dynamically (based on some logic of some kind), here's my answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/165360/looking-to-create-more-than-one-set-of-resolution-values

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

Thanks Dumitriu,

But I want to set the workflow property (jira.field.resolution.exclude )in my

program.How it could be achieved?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013
The idea is something like the following (If I remember well, these are props per transition, 
so it goes like this:

WorkflowDescriptor wfDesc = ... Set<ActionDescriptor> actions = //get the relevant actions from your wfDesc for(ActionDescriptor action : actions) { action.getMetaAttributes().put("jira.field.resolution.exclude", value); }

Of course, at the end you will need to save the WF. And don't forget to check for nulls.

HTH,

Radu

Suggest an answer