Is it possible to see user's planning using Tempo planner when I plan an issue for him ?

Valentin Nemes June 7, 2018

Hi everyone,

New to the world of JIRA, i'm testing Tempo Planner to plan tasks and activities.

My problem is that i can't seem to be able to see someone's Schedule when i plan an issue for him Under JIRA .

In other words, how can i see someone's planning when i'm Under JIRA Core, in my project, trying to affect him an issue ? Is it possible ? Maybe with a custom screen or field (didn't find it) ?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 7, 2018

Hi @Valentin Nemes,

Just to clarify, has the user been added to a "Tempo Team"?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes. In a team composed of Developers for example.

Hi @Valentin Nemes,

Could you let me know how you have been accessing the team's schedules currently?

Thanks 

From JIRA CORE, i access the Tempo Planner and select the "Team" button to view each team's planning.

My problem is i want to see this agenda when i'm planning issues in JIRA Core to know if the person is available at that time or not.

Hi @Valentin Nemes,

Could you clarify what you mean by "planning issues in JIRA Core", is this from a board view or during the issue creation process?

Thanks

When i'm saying "planning issues in JIRA Core", i'm talking about the issue creation process in JIRA Core, not Tempo planner.

I have the general feeling there's not enough links between JIRA and Tempo Planner to use those two Tools properly.

Still searching ...

Maybe a ScriptRunner custom script connected to Tempo which will return the user's plan ?

I'm completely lost..

Valentin Nemes June 12, 2018

I'm still looking for an answer, if somebody wants to help.

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

Hi Valentin,

It is not possible to create plans on JIRA issues on issue creation. Plans can only be created on existing issues, Projects, Components or Versions.

With Tempo Planner installed, you can create plans in the Issue view, the Resource Planning or the Team Timeline.

To view the agenda of a single user, go to the Resource Planning view, select the week view and filter by the user. You can then expand the plans for the user (see also https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/360001217548-Resource-planning-in-Tempo).

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Tamar Green December 4, 2019

Hello, We installed Tempo Planner, but we can see only the planning for my team. How can I view other teams plan (to manage a project with many teams that are involved)

Thanks

Tammy

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Hi @Tamar Green ,

To view the plans of members in other teams, you need to have the "View team plans" permission for these teams.

Please take a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/384467299/Planner+Permissions+-+Tempo+Cloud for more information about the Team permissions.

Regards,
Susanne

Tamar Green December 5, 2019

Thanks! Can I grant view permission for "Everyone" to all teams? or do I  have to manually define for each team: 1. Go to team permission 2.Set a new permission group 3. Add everyone manually to it 4. Do the same steps for each team again and again?

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

Hi @Tamar Green

In the current version, the permissions will need to be given for each user and team individually. 

Regards,
Susanne

Tamar Green December 9, 2019

Hi

Thanks for your help!

We are trying Tempo Planner and we are struggling to understand the synergies between Jira and Tempo. 

1. We already have many assigned issues in Jira but we cannot see them in Tempo. We have to add each one manually so it is actually adding other more action for us to do as we open an issue in Jira, assign it to someone and then have to add it to Tempo as well

2. There are many Jira fields that are not being imported into Tempo and we cannot update them. For example - the start date of an issue in Jira - would not be in the issue when we import it to Tempo. If the developer finished his task, he cannot update the status of the issue/task.

Thanks!

Linda McIlhinney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

Did you ever find out how to either link all issues automatically to tempo or how to find all issues not in tempo?

Suggest an answer