Is it possible to see user's planning using Tempo planner when I plan an issue for him ?

Hi everyone,

New to the world of JIRA, i'm testing Tempo Planner to plan tasks and activities.

My problem is that i can't seem to be able to see someone's Schedule when i plan an issue for him Under JIRA .

In other words, how can i see someone's planning when i'm Under JIRA Core, in my project, trying to affect him an issue ? Is it possible ? Maybe with a custom screen or field (didn't find it) ?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Danny Harris Community Champion Jun 07, 2018

Hi @Valentin Nemes,

Just to clarify, has the user been added to a "Tempo Team"?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes. In a team composed of Developers for example.

Hi @Valentin Nemes,

Could you let me know how you have been accessing the team's schedules currently?

Thanks 

From JIRA CORE, i access the Tempo Planner and select the "Team" button to view each team's planning.

My problem is i want to see this agenda when i'm planning issues in JIRA Core to know if the person is available at that time or not.

Hi @Valentin Nemes,

Could you clarify what you mean by "planning issues in JIRA Core", is this from a board view or during the issue creation process?

Thanks

When i'm saying "planning issues in JIRA Core", i'm talking about the issue creation process in JIRA Core, not Tempo planner.

I have the general feeling there's not enough links between JIRA and Tempo Planner to use those two Tools properly.

Still searching ...

Maybe a ScriptRunner custom script connected to Tempo which will return the user's plan ?

I'm completely lost..

I'm still looking for an answer, if somebody wants to help.

Hi Valentin,

It is not possible to create plans on JIRA issues on issue creation. Plans can only be created on existing issues, Projects, Components or Versions.

With Tempo Planner installed, you can create plans in the Issue view, the Resource Planning or the Team Timeline.

To view the agenda of a single user, go to the Resource Planning view, select the week view and filter by the user. You can then expand the plans for the user (see also https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/360001217548-Resource-planning-in-Tempo).

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,409 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you