Is it possible to see the last viewed date of particular issue

Pratiksha Ananta Kumbharkar April 26, 2019

It is possible to see the last viewed date of the issue for current user but I want to see when (date) the particular issue is viewed last time by any of the user

2 answers

1 vote
Viktor December 31, 2019

You can kind of a achieve this, on a per user basis, using Scriptrunner.

Switch to the specified user and then use the lastViewed column from "Viewed recently" filter: 

issuekey in issueHistory()

There you can see the last 50 issues he viewed and when. Doesn´t show when an issue was viewed by "everyone" though, unfortunately.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2019

there is no stats collected for viewing an issue built into Jira.

Can we do customization so that we can see the last viewed date of existing issues?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2019

actually i misspoke! There actually is a "lastviewed" JQL function. I had forgotten all about this as I have never really used. So maybe it can meet your needs? For example, you can use the following query. Add the Lastviewed column to see the date.

lastViewed <= endOfMonth()

Like Dave Liao likes this

Yes!But that gives last viewed date of the issues that are viewed by me(currentuser/Loggedinuser) and not by other users.......I want to see the last viewed date of the issue without bothering about user

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2019

Hello @Pratiksha Ananta Kumbharkar 

I don't think it's possible to have lastViewDate per User per issue. This information is not stored in Jira, and I don't know of any plugin providing this information.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer