Is it possible to see all the status transitions for a given issue?

Francis Calderisi September 23, 2019

Good afternoon,

Basically I would like to take all the issues in a given sprint and on a per issue basis see dates the issue changed status.

Sample result would be something like this:

ISSUE #   'Date from OPEN to In Progress'   'Date from IN PROGRESS to DONE' 

ISSUE-123             16-09-2019                                     20-09-2019

ISSUE-234             18-09-2019                                     22-09-2019

The goal being to see how many days each issue is in each different status.

I looked through the reports section and didn't see a report that can give me this information. 

Thank You

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

Hello Francis,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can properly return an issue list together with the time it was transitioned from each status to another by following the steps below:

1 - Configure a single custom field for each transition where you would like to take the execution date under JIRA settings > Issues > Custom fields. During the creation, add the fields to the screens of your project. More details can be found in this article.

2 - Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Workflows > Click to Edit the relevant workflows

3 - On diagram mode, Click in the transitions and add the post function "Update issue custom field" to each of them

4 - Configure the Post functions by adding the value %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% to the custom fields you created. More details about the steps can be found in this thread.

5 - Save your workflow draft

6 - Navigate to your dashboard and add the Filter results gadget, adding the fields you created to receive the transitions date as columns in the gadget.

Let me know if this information helps.

Francis Calderisi September 25, 2019

Hello Petter,

Yes in deed this did help.  

I did not use the the 'Filter results gadget' because my goal was to have this information available for export.  But creating the Custom Fields and adding the Post Function on the transitions worked perfectly.

I can now add my new Custom Fields to any JQL query and have them in my export.

Thank you very much :) 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

You are welcome, Francis!

I'm glad to know my instructions have helped you. Have a nice day. :)

0 votes
Julia Denys _SaaSJet_ November 6, 2019

Hi Francis,

you can also try using Time in Status for Jira Cloud add-on.

With this add-on, you can generate the Status Entrance Date report which will show you the date and time when the issue entered each of the statuses.

2019-11-06_1634.png

Besides this report, you can also generate:

• Time in Status
  • Assignee Time 
  • Average Time
  • Time in Status per Date 
  • Status Count 

• Transition Count

You can filter your report by project, filter, report, label, sprint, and assignee.

All of the reports are available for export. 

There are more features to explore in this add-on. Hope, this information is useful.

Suggest an answer