Is it possible to search for CLONED issues by link type?

Liam Maeder April 11, 2019

Good day

I am trying to set up a swimlane that would show all the clones of issues, but I am having no luck finding a way to search by link type or even to search if it is a clone.

Please any help would be great, I am trying to do this by JQL and not by Querying it.

Thanks for any help

3 answers

0 votes
richardjneville July 3, 2020

The hasLinkType issue function from ScriptRunner will give you this; we are using jira on prem with the ScriptRunner add on.  ScriptRunner is a must for Jira, it allows you to "code" in any quirks the teams want without buying more and more plugins.

issueFunction in hasLinkType("Cloners")

I got this info from here Jira JQL functions: The ultimate guide 

0 votes
Leena Bejoy November 7, 2019

project in (ETL) AND fixVersion = Q4_2019 and issueLinkType in (Cloners,clones,"is cloned by")

Christine Diamond December 19, 2019

@Leena Bejoy , thanks for the tip.  issueLinkType is not an available field in my advanced query options. Are you using a plugin? Are you on cloud or server?

Leena Bejoy December 19, 2019

@Christine Diamond  Your jira is on cloud or on premise server? 

0 votes
Mario Carabelli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019

Hello @Liam Maeder ,

unfortunately you'll need a plugin for this task.

Look at this answer for your options: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jira-query-issues-with-linked-issues/qaq-p/426769

With kind regards,
Mario

Suggest an answer