Is it possible to search/filter across multiple Jira instances?

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi,

We have 2 jira instances. and we are making use of issue links across the instances. For some reason, I thought that since I could search for issues in another instance while adding a link, I would be able to do general searching and filtering as well. My idea was to make some sore of dashboard that gave a summary of issues between the 2 instances.

Is this possible? I can't seem to find a way to do it. If not currently possible, any idea if this sort of funcionality is planned for the future?

Crazy work-arounds or hacks are also on the table. I am just curious if anyone has tackled this type of thing before.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Have a look at the Atla-Search Plugin (paid). You can use it to search on 2 JIRA instances and even other apps like Confluence, Fisheye etc.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jtricks%3Aatla-search

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2012

This does seem to be the best option currently... but it is a little limited still. Alas!

rk-7digital August 27, 2018

Is there a similar plugin for Jira cloud?

1 vote
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Hi Bryan,

I'm not sure if you are still looking into this topic, but this might be interesting for you, even though it might not be exactly the right thing:

From Federating JIRA - Managing Multiple Instances

Federated search

Although searching across multiple instances is not part of an out-of-the-box JIRA installation, there are some ways to achieve it:

JIRA Client, Supported by ALM Works
ALM's JIRA Client is a desktop application that was designed to enable offline work with JIRA. It lets you establish connections to an unlimited amount of JIRA instances and once this connection has been established, search queries are executed automatically across all the various systems.

In case you have found another solution, it would be interessting to see how you approached the porblem.

Cheers,
Thomas

Suggest an answer