Is it possible to run jira plugin development local source code with jira software enabled?

wenzeljay91
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2024

I am new to jira plugin development and I am developing a feature which needs access to Epic Link fields. I noticed that for a standalone jira software installation, it automatically let's me create a scrum project which of course has the Epic Link field and other scrum related features. Now I have a jira plugin project which I run via IntelliJ using the command "atlas-run" and it creates a target folder which builds the development environment which I access via localhost:2990.

I tried to change jira versions using the pom.xml from 8.14 to 9.1.0 (with the command "atlas-clean" to re-create the entire target folder for the dev environment each time) but I still couldnt enable the Epic Link.

I tried to import the backup instance from a standalone project with the Epic Link and other scrum features enabled although restoration is succesful, there are still no scrum features enabled.

I noticed this difference when I checked Application section in Administration Settings. 
development env running via command "atlas-run" on port 2990 on the left and a standalone jira data center installation on the right on port 8787 and clicking on the Install button for Jira Software on the 2990 instance doesnt install it successfully.

Is there some configuration that I can put on the pom.xml to let me enable the scrum features? I really need it to be able to proceed smoothly on my current task.
Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 20.16.33.png

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2024

As it is indicated in the yellow-ish box on the left-side Jira, click "Install".

(It will install the apps that implement the Jira Software specific features, like agile boards, epics and so on.)

0 votes
wkennedy June 23, 2024

You can pass any add on keys when you run atlas-run. You just need to know what they are, available from the Marketplace API.

Suggest an answer