Is it possible to restrict permissions for installed add-ons?

Paulina Wegrzyn April 6, 2015

Hello,

Is it possible to somehow edit permissions of installed add-on? I am asking because we have several add-ons which can be used by everyone logged in our JIRA instance, but when used by unconscious user it could be harmful for other user's issues.

I would like to restrict usage of the specific add-on - for example only administrators or project leads can see/use this add-on (is it possible?).

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
clive.gerada February 2, 2016

I know this is an old thread . But we are having the same challenge, we need to restrict zephyr to specific users. Do you perhaps know of a work around to achieve this ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

Not for Zephyr.  If you have the add-on, you can all use it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2015

No.  Well, sort of.  Some plugins do do this, but it is implemented purely within the plugin - the code for "can user do this" is part of the plugin.  JIRA allows everyone to get to the plugin, and the plugin decides who can do what with it.  JIRA provides the hooks and data for this (for example, when a plugin needs admin rights, the developers don't have to write a lot of code, they just say "this screen is an admin screen" so only JIRA admins are offered it).

But you can only restrict usage of an addon if the addon supports it.

I think this leads us to the question of which addons you want to restrict and why (because there may be ways around it)

Suggest an answer