Is it possible to preselect assignee on issue resolution screen?

Vadim Lotarev August 9, 2011

I know that it is possible to assign issue to reporter as a transition post action but I want to preselect assignee to reporter in dropdown on issue resolution screen giving user an ability to change that selection if necessary. Is it possible to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Edwin Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2011

A combination of javascript and velocity inside a Velocity Message Custom Field in JIRA Toolkit should do the trick.

- use velocity to get the reporter username

- use javascript to set the drop down to the reporter's username

Vadim Lotarev August 10, 2011

Thank you for the answer. I looked at the Message Custom Field - this seems to be just a read-only HTML field. Should I get list of users with Velosity and than construct HTML select from it? How to tell where to store selected value in Jira? Could you point me to any example?

Edwin Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2011

This custom field is only used to change the selected value in your assignee list, it is not a traditional custom field where it stores a value.

Try inserting some javascript code in the default value of the custom field context. Then add the field to the screen to see the results.

Suggest an answer