Is it possible to only display issues on a kanban column if they are assigned to a specific user?

Emily Fuller May 27, 2020

Hi everyone, 

I have different kanban boards for different departments so they can track the parts of the workflow that are relevant to them. 

I have a board for our pricing team to check on the progress of loading. I have set up a column on the board called Load Query with the Status Load query mapped. My problem is that not all load queries will be relevant for the pricing team so is there a way i can have only the issues that are assigned to a user from the pricing team when it is in this status? 

I can create another status for 'Pricing Load Query' but my workflow is getting really long and complicated and would rather manage this on the kanban if it is possible. 

Any help on this would be great. 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gloria Ojukwu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

Hi @Emily Fuller , the simplest way to do this is to use the advanced search feature on Jira, you can filter out all the issues assigned to a particular using the advanced search option.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Gloria.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

Yes, it is possible. All boards are based on a query, so you just have to modify the query for your pricing team to also look at the assignee.

Emily Fuller May 28, 2020

Hi Mikael, 

I understand that the boards are based on query but my issue is that i only want it to be filtered by assignee for that one status in the board. 

All other status's in the board should be all assignee's. 

Would you know what query i would need to write for this if it is possible. 

Thank you for your help

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2020

In that case I would use a quick filter. The quick filter allows you to create multiple sub filter on one board. 

Emily Fuller May 28, 2020

Hi Mikael, 

Thank you but I am still coming up with the same issue. I have written JQL filter:

status = "Load Query" AND assignee = currentUser()

So I have a board full of issues and nothing is assigned to the current user. I have configured the above quick filter. My desired output is that when i select the quick filter that only the issues that are in status Load Query and not assigned to the current user gets removed from the board.

however when I select this filter it removes ALL issues from the Kanban board. 

My team need viability over all of the issues in all other status's regardless of if they are assigned to them or not apart from Load Query. 

Would you be able to help me with writing the query for the filter because I am not understanding how to write it, or if it is even possible. 

Thank you

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2020

If none of the issues are assigned to the current user and you select the quick filter, then it is working as expected.

If you want to be able to see all issues at the same time as being able to filter out issues based on the assignee, your other option is to use swim lanes. You can set a swim lane to be based on the assignee.

The columns on a board cannot be individually filtered, they are based on the mapped status. So if you want to limit what you see but also have the option to see all issues, the only way is to use swim lanes and/or quick filters.

Emily Fuller May 29, 2020

Thanks Mikael, I have gone the swimlane route and that works perfectly!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events