Is it possible to make few fields readonly when an issue is in particular status - In JIRA cloud ver

Test User September 23, 2019

Is it possible to make few fields readonly when an issue is in particular status - In JIRA cloud version.

When I create the issue, all the fileds will be displayed. And till I move to next transition, if I open Edit screen, I should be able to view all fields in edit screen. But when I moved to a particular status, I want few fields to be read-only in the edit screen and noone should be able to edit them.

I am using ScriptRunner for cloud. Unfortunately I dont have behaviours with cloud.

Please suggest ASAP.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

Hi Test User,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that the ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud plugin is unable to perform any dynamic validation on issue forms to link or hide fields like the server version can with the Behaviors feature.

Also I can confirm that the plugin cannot dynamically populate field values like it can in the server version can with the Behaviors feature.

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provide a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

No, plain Jira only has "set a flag for all fields or none" built in, and none of the Cloud apps are currently able to provide anything that can help on Cloud. 

I'm afraid the only way to do this on Cloud is to have "protected" fields in the workflow.  You have to remove the fields you want to protect from the "create" screen, and then in any status where you need them editable, put in a transition back to the same status that includes a screen with them on it. 

This is ok if you have a couple of fields and only want them edited in one or two status, but becomes very messy if there's a lot.  P

Suggest an answer