Is it possible to lock tempo field once sprint is complete?

Neetu Verma October 29, 2019

Hi,

We need to track billable hours, and once sprint is complete we dont want anyone to update hours spent on a ticket. 

Is there a way to lock Tempo time logging once sprint is complete.

Thanks

Neetu

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hi @Neetu Verma ,

when a sprint is closed, all the related ticket should be in a specific status (closed!). You can add a workflow property at workflow level related to Close status.

Here the property that should be entered :

propertyname : jira.permission.work    --> propertyvalue: false

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Neetu Verma October 30, 2019

Thanks for responding.  Is this property at transition step?

we release to prod every month and our tickets don't get closed till we get code deployed to prod i.e. a week after sprint is closed. 

There is risk that someone can update hours on ticket by mistake and because these are billable hours we really need to track them closely.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

You're welcome. It is a property at status/step level. If you have a specific status for code waiting for deploy you can add this property also to that status too.

Ciao,

Fabio

Neetu Verma October 30, 2019

Thank you, When I review Json for my ticket this is what I see

"worklog": {
"startAt": 0,
"maxResults": 20,
"total": 4,
"worklogs"

Question: Should my property key be 

propertyname : jira.permission.worklog?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

Please try one of this :

jira.permission.work.denied = denied

jira.permission.work.denied = empty (no value)

Neetu Verma November 1, 2019

I still cant get it to work.. :-(

Neetu Verma November 1, 2019

Actually, thank you so much it did work. I was just attempting to add hours and didnt try hitting "Log"

Once I clicked Log it gave me error that "No permission"

Thank you so much, I appreciate.

Can I apply this lock to any custom field also?  We have two fields Original estimate and Revised estimate. I would like to lock Original Estimate once we are in development phase.

so my status would be "In Development" but what would be my property name.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2019

unfortunately you can't do that for a specific custom field. 

ciao,

Fabio

Suggest an answer