Is it possible to limit user permissions to edit/see bugs only on their project for clients?

CaptainJonesy August 5, 2014

Hi,

A client wants to report bugs on the product we are developing for them and we use Jira for our interior QA/bug reporting. So I was wondering instead creating their own bug database for the client, I thought I could create a single project which the client can only see/create/edit bugs in their project ( as I wouldn't want them to be able to access to our whole database/view other projects to see our bugs)?

Is it possible to do this and how would do this?

Thanks,

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

You can add the external client to their own permission schemes, groups and enable this on just the project you require them to view.

It may be worth updating the default permission scheme (or creating a new one and applying to exsiting projects that restricts access to anyone that isn't in the correct groups) to make sure that anything you currently have in place is locked down.

Create a group for the client, add them into that group.

Create a project for them, add the group to the relevant roles in that project.

Make sure that none of the other projects have this group defined.

Add a permission scheme that allows them access to that project.

There is lots of information on how to do this - see here for a starting point - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

0 votes
CaptainJonesy August 5, 2014

Thanks Steve for the pointers! Very helpful :)

Suggest an answer