Is it possible to have different Issue layout per specific Board in Project

Marko Novakovic April 13, 2023

Hello,

I am wondering - Is it possible to have a different Issue layout per specific Board in Project?

For example, within our project, we have 3 boards, for 3 different teams.
One of those teams doesn't have any 3D artists, thus I would like if I can remove certain specific custom fields (for example 3D Artist Estimate) showing up within their Issue Types (User Story for example) but I would like to keep that field visible for other 3 teams (boards).

Teams are being differentiated by certain custom fields if it is relevant.

From what I know that the issue layout is being configured per project and associated with a specific issue type, but I wonder if can I further "associate it" or do I need to create a new issue type "User Story 2" with a new issue layout just for that team in order to achieve my goal (that doesn't sound that clean to me, but sounds like it would work).

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Marko Novakovic ,

welcome to the community. Issued layout is associated with an issue type not boards. For this reason, you can only have a single issue layout per issue type.

Marko Novakovic April 13, 2023

Yeah, I thought so... Thanks :)

I mainly wondered if there is any kind of workaround for such a need, but I guess no pretty solution.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

You could consider using different issuetypes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events