Is it possible to have character codes in the description / comment boxes?

David Kettle October 11, 2017

I would like to be able to add an issues which relates to character codes, however I can't get character codes to display inline in normal text, they always transform for example, if I type & amp; without the space, it shows as &.

I want to be able to use both the & character and the code spelled out to describe instances in a project where the codes doesn't result in the character and when it does.

I've reviewed the Text Formatting Notation help (https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all) but the only thing I could see which I thought might help was the escaping a character, but it didn't help \& amp; (without the space) would simply display as \&

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

I think I found an answer on this here. Basically, it looks like you need to type & amp;amp; (without the space).

David Kettle October 12, 2017

Thanks, that's perfect :)

Should the help documentation be updated to reflect this?

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

Happy to help!

I agree that the docs should be updated, but that issue I linked to was logged and resolved almost 10 years ago. If Atlassian hasn't added this to the docs by now, it's probably not going to happen, unfortunately. :)

Suggest an answer