Is it possible to have a cross-project release dashboard?

KerryWilliams April 3, 2018

I am currently having to manually maintain a list of all our releases broken down by project in one document. I then list all the tickets assigned to each release under that title in my document.

What I really want is to pull this very useful planning document into Jira where it should rightly live for everyone to see and for it to automatically update when tickets are assigned to a particular release.

This is an example of my 'living' document:

Releases

Project1 - 1.0.0 - Release Date: 01/04/18

PROJ1-100

PROJ1-101

PROJ2-102

Project1 - 1.1.0 - Release Date: 15/04/18

PROJ1-103

PROJ1-104

PROJ2-105

Project2 - 1.0.0 - Release Date: 02/04/18

PROJ2-100

PROJ2-101

PROJ2-102

Project2 - 1.1.0 - Release Date: 06/04/18

PROJ2-103

PROJ2-104

PROJ2-105

and so on, across approximately 20 projects.

What I would love to do is have this represented on a dashboard widget or board in some way, but I can't figure out how to do this in Jira. The individual release views for each project are great for keeping track of releases at a project level, but I also help manage all releases and need to have an overall view so resource can be managed and we don't overload our Developers with too many releases in one day or week. I can't believe something as powerful as Jira can't do this basic function, especially as all the information is there at the project level, can anyone help?

(NOTE: I know I can use the Roadmap widget to see release numbers and dates, but I really need to see the tickets within them too)

1 answer

0 votes
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

Portfolio for Jira appears to do exactly what you are describing.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/portfolio

KerryWilliams April 4, 2018

Jonny,

Thanks, I will look into it.

Regards,

Kerry

Suggest an answer