Is it possible to generate a nested query for linked issues (recursive)?

EdDev_Gilat July 21, 2013

I need to create a filter which not only provides the linked issues of a given issue, but can repeat the same recusevely (excluding the ones already listes).

The scenario is as follow:

- An Epic is created.

- Linked to it, multiple User Stories are created, representing the requirements.

- Under each user Story, feature/task issues are created which reffer to the implementation.

- Under the Story and the Epic, Test Cases are created as well.

Now, the need is to have a report showing all if the items related to the specified epic. One options if to link all issues to the same epic, another option is to keep hirarchy of links and use kind of a smart query, for now, I look for the second non trivial option.

Has anyone ever tried to do something like this?

Thanks,

Ed.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Try reading Nicholas Muldoon's post here... http://www.nicholasmuldoon.com/2013/06/using-the-epic-workflow-in-greenhopper/

For a first step, you can get the stories of unresolved epics with:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = Epic and resolution is empty", "is epic of")

(linkedIssuesOf docs).

Then to get nested linkages, in theory it's just a case of embedding more linkedIssuesOf, eg:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf ("issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"issuetype = Epic and resolution is empty\", \"is epic of\")", "has task")

It's a bit of a pain because you need to escape your double quotes in the subquery bit. It's a further pain because it doesn't seem to work properly, probably due to a programming error on my part which I will fix soon.

0 votes
Anupama kapoor May 11, 2021

Here is what I have. I know I have hardcoded the epic numbers, but it works. Need to refine my query:

"Epic Link" in (Epic1, Epic2, Epic3) and type in (Story,"Test Case",Defect) and status!=Done order by "Epic Link"

Suggest an answer