Is it possible to find linked issue by summary ?

Linda Ouzerout February 4, 2021

I would like to link an issue with another and I would like find the issue with the summary.

With the old view it was possible by search the issue with summary word key (see screenshot)

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 14.26.55.pngScreenshot 2021-02-04 at 14.27.33.png

But with the new view is not possible to search issue by summary.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 14.28.17.png

Do you know how to do that ? Because for us it easier to remember summary instead of jira key.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Linda Ouzerout

it works for me also, like Ste said, but only as long as there are no dashes in the Summary.
My theory right now is that Jira is looking for an issue called T-... (so after the dash it "jumps" into thinking of issue keys).

Searching for anything else in regards to a Summary works. Are there any chances for you to structure the pattern differently, f.e. TPORVER067 - that should work.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Linda Ouzerout 

This works for me; when I enter text into this search box it will list issues available with those words (in order) in the Summary.

What happens as you type text into the box?

Ste

Linda Ouzerout February 4, 2021

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

Thanks for your help.

When I start to enter the beginning of my summary I got this :

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 18.49.51.png

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 18.50.06.png

But when I enter key I got this:

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 18.51.21.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD