Is it possible to filter the allowed list of reporters

Jan Wilson May 15, 2019

We have enabled permission for a user to modify the reporter.

However, this has introduced a problem in that the addon user accounts are also shown.

We would like to know whether this is by design and whether when modifying the reporter we can only see registered users - those that would be visible within User Management.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2019

Hello Jan,

I understand that you would like to avoid the add-on user accounts from appearing in the assignee field. Is it correct?

I think the best option for you would be to remove these specific users role placed in the assignable user permission of your project.

To know the roles/groups that are in the assignable user permission, navigate to your project > Project settings > Permissions

By default, the project role which adds the add-on users to the permissions is the atlassian-addons-project-access, however, it can also be added to other roles/groups.

I suggest you to try to remove this role from the Assignable User permission and check if it worked for you. If the users keep displaying, check the other roles added to the permission.

P.S: If you decide to remove the add-on from a role, just be sure the add-on user is properly added to all the other permissions it needs to properly work but the Assignable User.

Let me know if it works for you.

Jan Wilson May 16, 2019

Hi, thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, this will not work as your comments relate to the assignee and not the reporter.  I've looked through the permission list and there doesn't appear to be a permission related to this field.

There's a Modify Reporter permission but this as I understand it is who is allowed to change the reporter field and not restrict the list of allowed users.

I hope this makes sense and that I've understood your response correctly.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2019

Hello Jan,

Thank you for the detailed explanation and sorry for my misreading, now I saw you mentioned the reporter field and not Assignee.

Unfortunately, you are correct to say that there's no permission or feature that could restrict users from been selected in the Reporter field.

That been said, we have a feature request opened to implement this functionality:

Limit User Picker to members of certain groups/roles in System Fields

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you still have any questions.

Jan Wilson May 16, 2019

The link you sent refers to Server / Data Center.  However, we are using Cloud - sorry I didn't mention that.

Anyway, for completeness, here's the link for the same feature request in Cloud:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-36896

Suggest an answer