Is it possible to export filtered issues with all attachments and images from JIRA project

RG January 20, 2021

We have one project and has around 2.8 lakh issues and we want to export only 9000 filtered issues with all images and attachments.

Using JIRA 8.4.3 (On premise server)

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021
RG January 20, 2021

Thanks Anvesh,

Its possible with Exporter:

Q: Does Exporter allows me to export comments and attachments and re-import them to a different JIRA instance?

A: Yes, the export files you get is totally compatible with another JIRA instance, regardless of the platform (Server or Cloud). You can even export/import the attachments!. Just follow the JIRA instructions to import them.

1 vote
Amol Dongare January 20, 2021
RG January 20, 2021

Hi Amol,

As per my understanding CMJ will allow us to export and import whole project(correct me if I am wrong), but I want to export only filtered issues with all attachments.

Amol Dongare January 20, 2021

Capture 2021-01-20 at 14.16.40.png

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2021

Hi @RG 

Adding to @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 's list is Better PDF Exporter which can also export issues attachments and store them as an integral part of your PDF document.

jira-single-issue-export-with-attachements.png

RG January 20, 2021

After export, I want to import in another JIRA instance.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Hi @RG welcome to the Atlassian Community forum. 

To answer your query, attachments are stored in different folder in the server files structure. I guess you will need to export them too.

Here is a helpful article which might assist you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/locate-jira-server-file-attachments-in-the-filesystem-859487788.html

If my post addressed your query, kindly upvote and "accept answer". This will help new members.

Suggest an answer