Is it possible to enable non-GoogleApps users to login with just their JIRA username?

CS October 29, 2013

Currently our login screen only shows the GoogleApps login button, and the fields for entering a My Atlassian account. I would like to not require external people to create a My Atlassian account just to log into our ticket system.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2013

Hey Caleb,

To clear that up, the login info on your page isn't for My Atlassian, it's for your specific JIRA instance. Unfortunately it's not possible to remove these login fields from that screen. If a user does not have a Google account on your domain, they need to have an account within your OnDemand instance in order to login. Alternatively, you can allow users to create tickets anonymously via the link that Ricardo posted.

Cheers,

-dave

CS October 29, 2013

Thanks David! It was a combination of this and being over a user quota which just took me to a blank dashboard and didn't record a login that lead me astray on those fields.

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

Hi Caleb

I believe this documentation might help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+anonymous+access#Managinganonymousaccess-EnablinganonymousaccessinJIRA

Best Regards,

Ricardo Carracedo.

CS October 29, 2013

Thanks Ricardo. However, I don't want to enable logins for everyone, only users which an admin has created an account for.

CS October 29, 2013

No, with GoogleApps login enabled there are only two options to login, the GoogleApps button and the My Atlassian account field :( . Trying their Jira username in that field does not work.

RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

But if the admin created him an user, can't he login in using this account?

RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

When you say the admin create an account, where he creates the account? Inside JIRA? At an LDAP? Is he inserting the jira-users group on it?

CS October 29, 2013

Inside JIRA, under User Managemet.

Suggest an answer