Is it possible to display datas(not issues) from a JSON file in JIRA interface ?

Hi every one,

I would like to extend the functionality of JIRA by using a workflow with transitions, post functions and web fragment

I want to display datas (not an issue) on screen in JIRA. These datas are stored in a JSON file.

I thought use a plugin to open this file, read it and send in a scroll list in order to select one of the data.

Then I want to get this data and make some further operation on it.

Is it possible ? Maybe with REST api idk ...

4 answers

I don't know abot the others, but it's really hard for me to understand what are you exaclty trying to achieve. Can you describe it again, in a clearer way ?

I expected this answer ^^

forgive me im a french student and im not very skilled with JIRA, and in english also :/

It is pretty hard to me to express myself

I will do my best

SO.

I have a JSON file which contains datas ( or a JAVA object idk yet, it depends on the ease )

I want to display these datas on the screen of users in JIRA

I read english doc for 1 week and I saw lots of thing which could be a great solution ( or not ... ) such as post functions, webfragment, listeners, REST api ...

And I must say, I am a bit lost :s

According to you what should I use ?

Or maybe use Web Ressource Plugin Module ...

I found a solution !

I use the Class AbstractJiraContextProvider,

then i implement the class getContextMap which returns a map which contains all my data

and then i implement my velocity template such as an html with each var ...

Maybe its not the best solution but it work for the moment

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,675 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you