Is it possible to display datas(not issues) from a JSON file in JIRA interface ?

Machin Bidule April 13, 2014

Hi every one,

I would like to extend the functionality of JIRA by using a workflow with transitions, post functions and web fragment

I want to display datas (not an issue) on screen in JIRA. These datas are stored in a JSON file.

I thought use a plugin to open this file, read it and send in a scroll list in order to select one of the data.

Then I want to get this data and make some further operation on it.

Is it possible ? Maybe with REST api idk ...

4 answers

0 votes
Machin Bidule April 14, 2014

I found a solution !

I use the Class AbstractJiraContextProvider,

then i implement the class getContextMap which returns a map which contains all my data

and then i implement my velocity template such as an html with each var ...

Maybe its not the best solution but it work for the moment

0 votes
Machin Bidule April 14, 2014

Or maybe use Web Ressource Plugin Module ...

0 votes
Machin Bidule April 13, 2014

I expected this answer ^^

forgive me im a french student and im not very skilled with JIRA, and in english also :/

It is pretty hard to me to express myself

I will do my best

SO.

I have a JSON file which contains datas ( or a JAVA object idk yet, it depends on the ease )

I want to display these datas on the screen of users in JIRA

I read english doc for 1 week and I saw lots of thing which could be a great solution ( or not ... ) such as post functions, webfragment, listeners, REST api ...

And I must say, I am a bit lost :s

According to you what should I use ?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

I don't know abot the others, but it's really hard for me to understand what are you exaclty trying to achieve. Can you describe it again, in a clearer way ?

Suggest an answer