Is it possible to disable new ticket creation through our service desk and add a message

Manikandan Kalaivanan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2017

We'd like to deprecate one of our service desk project so is it possible to disable new ticket creation through our service desk and add a message?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

You can do this if you edit the permission scheme of that project in order to change the "Create Issue" permissions.  You will probably want to remove at least the "Service Desk Customer - portal access" group from that permissions, and perhaps other users/groups/roles as well.   That would prevent the creation of new issues in that project, but not restrict users from seeing their previous existing issues.

Then under the project administration page for that project, you can go to Portal Settings.  There you can add an announcement when customers visit that portal to explain this is no longer active.

Deleted user December 12, 2018

Hello Andrew, 

I noticed that when I remove permission "Create Issue" for "Service Desk Customer - portal access" or other group they are actually not able to see past requests submitted in portal despite the fact that they have permission to "Browse the Project".

In this case it is hard for me to retire the service Desk Project. 

Can you advise something in this case?

Regards, 

Anna

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

It turns out, this is a bug in Service Desk. Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3519 for more details.  It seems that older versions of Service Desk, like 3.0.x and before did not exhibit this behavior.

I would recommend that you vote and watch that issues for updates.

Deleted user December 13, 2018

Hello @Andy Heinzer

thank you for your answer. I have voted and watching it. 

Thank you!

Anna

Suggest an answer