Is it possible to delete "Open" status/step in workflow?

Daisuke Niwa December 2, 2012

Hi there,

I have one quick question. Is it possible to delete "Open" status/step in workflow? We would like to change the status/step name.

Regards,

Daisuke Niwa

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

HI,

Yes We can do it, before associating it, you can delete it, means you can change the name of it.Goto Edit for that step, then edit the name of the step.This can only be done when the workflow is inactive.

If it is active(Contains several issues underneath), make a copy as harry said, then do the changes to that, then use this workflow in which you have done the changes.

If it is active(contains 0 issues), then assign the project to a default one.Then edit it and assign the workflow you have edited.

0 votes
Alexa Ferencz May 18, 2018

Hi, I have tried all the things you suggested above (made a copy of the workflow, tried to delete Open status while inactive), but I keep getting the message that neither the initial status, nor the intial workflow (from create to Open) can be deleted. 

Any idea what I should do differently? 

Many thanks!

Alexa Ferencz May 18, 2018

I have just found out:

• First I needed to modify the Create transition to end in Backlog instead of Open
  • Then I could delete Open status 
Like Liza Furr likes this
0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hi, this is possible, but I don't think you can IF it is in production. You can't do this from a draft either. What you can do is make a copy of the workflow / workflow scheme, make the changes and then swap it.

Suggest an answer