Is it possible to delete "Open" status/step in workflow?

Hi there,

I have one quick question. Is it possible to delete "Open" status/step in workflow? We would like to change the status/step name.

Regards,

Daisuke Niwa

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

HI,

Yes We can do it, before associating it, you can delete it, means you can change the name of it.Goto Edit for that step, then edit the name of the step.This can only be done when the workflow is inactive.

If it is active(Contains several issues underneath), make a copy as harry said, then do the changes to that, then use this workflow in which you have done the changes.

If it is active(contains 0 issues), then assign the project to a default one.Then edit it and assign the workflow you have edited.

Hi, this is possible, but I don't think you can IF it is in production. You can't do this from a draft either. What you can do is make a copy of the workflow / workflow scheme, make the changes and then swap it.

Hi, I have tried all the things you suggested above (made a copy of the workflow, tried to delete Open status while inactive), but I keep getting the message that neither the initial status, nor the intial workflow (from create to Open) can be deleted. 

Any idea what I should do differently? 

Many thanks!

I have just found out:

• First I needed to modify the Create transition to end in Backlog instead of Open
  • Then I could delete Open status 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you