Is it possible to delete a classic project in Jira Cloud?

broberts November 27, 2019

I'm looking for Jira Cloud settings options to delete a classic project which my team has stopped using. All issues have been migrated out of the project. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
broberts November 27, 2019

I found my answer. The delete option is on the Project Settings -> Details page as an option when hovering over the ellipsis on the top right of the page.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

While you can certainly delete a project (assuming you have delete permissions) but I would highly discourage doing so as you will never get it back. I prefer a more subtle approach by 'archiving' the project. Now in cloud there is no real archive function but you can accomplish by creating an permission scheme that removes all permissions for everyone except the admin. You can also set the project Category to "Archived" to help you know which ones are archived.

Now if you still want to delete the project (assuming you have permissions), go to Project Settings  and select "Delete Project" in the sidebar.

Suggest an answer