Is it possible to create multiple subtasks based on a field

John Owens September 15, 2015

Hi,

I would like to implement some logic that allows the reporter to create one ticket where they record one or more issues at a time. Based on this multiple subtasks would be created for a support team.

The reporter would complete a generic description "please can you correct these work orders"

and under it list the individual orders that need fixing where they all have an ID and a temporal bit of information

work-order 1323456   TX 10/09/2015

work-order 1323456 TX 22/09/2015

work-order 1323454 and so on TX 29/09/2015

based on the single issue created by the reporter the system would create a sub task for each of the records with the appropriate fields populated from each issue.

The reason for doing this is that the reporter doesn't want to create lots of individual issues but the person doing the work needs to prioritise tickets by the TX date.

Please can you let me know if this is possible

Thanks

John Owens

1 answer

0 votes
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

John,

I imagine you could try setting up a number of conditional post-functions of the create transition.

You can only find the create transition post-function by editing the workflow via the Diagram tab

I would suggest using the create a sub-task script post-function and have a condition based on another custom field that specifies the criteria you want to meet before the subtasks are created. Perhaps you could start with the 

I've not tested this, but you should be able to have as many of these create sub-task post-functions as you like (each with mutually exclusive conditions of course).

I hope that helps.

Suggest an answer