Is-it possible to create in confluence a new page each week from a model?

Jacky Forestier July 16, 2020

Each friday I create a new page of reporting from a model.

Is-it possible to do it automatically?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Welcome Jacky, 

sadly this is no standard behaviour. 
If you have scriptrunner on your instance you could make a weekly script job to create the page for you I guess. 

Without scripting, there are some other things to make your life easier however:

- You can add variables to your template to fill out the weekly reporting page as much as possible to make creation faster, if you don't want to automate it entirely. 
- You can also use the "Create from template" macro, which gives you a button on a page (your report overview page perhaps) to create the new page easily. 

- Tessa

Jacky Forestier July 16, 2020

thank you for your answer.

I am already using a button "create from template" macro.  I need to look at script runner and scripting.

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Awesome Jacky, good luck! 

This page may get you started: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/confluence/ScriptJobs.html

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2020

You can also look at the Bob Swift CLI Tools to help you pull data from Jira and create a confluence page. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=bob%20swift%20cli

That way you could write the script in a language of your choice and use the cli tools to interface with Jira and confluence.

Like Tessa Tuteleers likes this
0 votes
Stephan Sutter July 17, 2020

Hi @Jacky Forestier 

Maybe our Page Tree Creator (PTC) app for Confluence could be a solution for your requirements. It has the ability to get Jira Issue data by using PTC macros. During the creation process of the page tree the PTC form let's add the requiring data.

Regards,
Stephan (PM at EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

Suggest an answer