Is it possible to create an old sprint in Jira?

Murilo Lessa September 15, 2015

Hello we have started using JIRA in our second sprint but for historical reasons I would like to store the stories done by the team on Sprint 0 and 1. Is there a way to create an old sprint, i.e., a Sprint with a past started and end date?

Many thanks!

Murilo

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2015

Hi Murilo,

Yes, once you populate your sprint and click on "Start Sprint", you'll see a popup with Start Date and End Date to open up. You can just fill those in with the dates of your issues and close the sprint and it should be good. Just don't expect the reports to work like this. smile

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

As far as I know you can backdate a sprint. You just won't get any good reports out of it, since the stories would be appearing as scope changes smile

Cheers,

Christian

Murilo Lessa September 15, 2015

Thank you Christian. Could you clarify how you do that? If I click in Backlog and populate let's say Sprint 0, because I already have a sprint active I cannot activate the one I just created and I don't see any options to define a date for Sprint 0 and close it. Thank you very much. Best regards, Murilo

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

Hey, as long as you don't have "parallel sprints" feature turned on (in the config) you won't be able to start a separate sprint. Just wait until you have completed the current sprint, start your "sprint 0" and backdate the start end... Hope that makes sense

0 votes
Murilo Lessa September 24, 2015

Thank you all it did work. Only problem is that I can only do that when the current sprint is finished but I guess it's fine. I mean.. if I have sprint 5 active I cannot create a sprint 1 and close it.

Thanks for all your answers!

Suggest an answer