Is it possible to create a task from an Outlook calendar meeting

Rob October 10, 2019

Is it possible to create a task from an outlook meeting...like everytime I click to join a meeting in teams or webex a task is created in Jira where i have to put in notes and time spent on the meeting...open to anything in market place that will work as well

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi Rob,

One thing that you have as an option using native behavior in Jira and Outlook is to enable incoming request to create issues on the Jira side, using either The Jira incoming mail options or the Service Desk mail handler to collect the requests and create an issue by adding the Jira mail handler address as a participant on the meeting invite for the calendar, and Outlook side if you wanted every invite to create a request you could look into something similar to what is described in the following thread:

Jira Core and software have different email configuration options than what is avaliable in Service desk, and the mail configuration options for each applications mail configurations can be seen in:

Next as add-ons go I did a bit of searching and narrowed the list down to and checked out these add-ons in the marketplace:

Looking at the details for each of them they all look like the intended use is to add the outlook functionality to the jira issue and will sync the issue details to your calendar, but I did not see options to have the meeting invites on the outlook calendar do the opposite of creating a jira issues from outlook,  However I would recomend taking a closer look at the add-ons and checking out the trials to see if they do indeed have included functionality that does meet your needs.

Regards,
Earl

Rob October 14, 2019

Earl...thank you for help on this. I will investigate and see if this help

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
1 vote
Chays van Deventer July 17, 2021

I found a way to do this using zapier.com. In my case I wanted to create a ticket for every client meeting to take notes in.

I setup a trigger that runs from my calendar at the start of an event (this will then account for recurring events) and I search for a special character as I only want client meetings to create a ticket and not every meeting. In my case I used ~ as the special character.

I then create an action to create a ticket, specify the project and issue type. I have created a custom issue the called meetings.

0 votes
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2023

If you're open to using a Confluence Page instead of a Jira issue to take your notes and meeting minutes, then you can try the Meetical Meetings App.

Suggest an answer