Is it possible to create a project that is private even to other admins?

Open Websites January 16, 2020

My team already use JIRA for service desk and I have been using Trello to manage my team. Recently, I have been advised by my organisation that the use of Trello has been denied and we must move onto something like MS Planner. Personally, I would prefer to use JIRA to manage my team if I can't use Trello.

The problem here is that any private projects I create on JIRA can be viewed by the admins in my team and I can't have that for many reasons. 

I could create a separate JIRA account with another email address but I'd prefer to keep things organised and under one email if possible. So I am wondering if there is any way at all to create a new next gen project that can be viewed and managed only by me and no other admins?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

You can just create another Project, and in the Permission scheme make sure that the Browse Project permission is not granted to "Any logged in users". Grant a role, for example Users to that permission and add yourself to that role inside the project. 

Now only your user can see the issues in the project. The other admins can see that your project exists but they would need to add themselves to the role inside the project to see the issues. If they do that you can see that in the Audit log.

Suggest an answer