Is it possible to create a filter for the board similar to the Swimlane?

Yakub Mohamoud May 24, 2021

Hello,

Is it possible to have a filter that allows me to view the board by "assignee"? My idea is to have the board similar to that when you create a Swimlane. Any idea on how to do this using JQL syntax? refer to the image below for further clarification. 

SwimLanes.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Yakub Mohamoud 

Would you please clarify what you are trying to achieve?

The swimlane by assignee already does what you note for the board.  And if you are instead selecting another swimlane-by type, you could select each possible assignee's avatar on the board to filter by them.

Thanks, and best regards,

Bill

Yakub Mohamoud May 24, 2021

Hello @Bill Sheboy 

Please refer to the image below. As you can see, I have applied the Swimlane functionality by assignee. However, in my organization, I am the only admin on the board and I would like to provide the PM access to this view (only an admin user can change the swimlane configuration). So my question is, is there a JQL code I can write so that I can always have this view regularly available for all users? 

Swimlane quickly.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Yakub Mohamoud 

The short answer is, "no".  Your options are to:

• Leave the swimlanes option set by assignee so everyone sees it that way, all the time
  • Add the PM as a project admin, so both of your can change the swimlane views
  • Use the quick filter work-around suggested by @Sudarshan .  Although, this would be no different than selecting the individuals' avatars on the view, person by person.
Like Yakub Mohamoud likes this
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2021

agree @Bill Sheboy 
a JQL is a redundant activity for this case.!

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2021

Hello @Yakub Mohamoud 

ability to view the board by tasks assignee. 
try this JQL format:

project = <project name> AND issuetype = Task AND assignee = <UserID>

each quick filter gets a specific JQL, and you will get the respective buttons in the backlog or the board.!

Suggest an answer