Is it possible to create a Structure whose content depends on the user that is using it?

Victor Crespo June 2, 2022

To illustrate with an example, it is as I would want to create a Structure with "my open Issues", taking into account that this will be different for each user that launch the Structure.

3 answers

3 votes
Kathryn Vargas _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Victor Crespo,

Transformations would be helpful in this case – it's a Structure feature that lets you make local adjustments to a structure, without changing it for everyone else.

"Assigned to me" is a quick transformation (or filter) that you can already choose by default, but you can of course add more filters as needed.

Hope this helps,
Kathryn

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

No.  You can't have a structure vary by who is looking at it.  You can have a structure include different issues by user when the structure is using a filter like "reporter = currentUser()", but the structure itself is a fixed layout.

I am trying to imagine a scenario where this would be of any use.  The point of a structure is to have a shared understanding of how issues are related to each other.  You don't get that if the structure varies by who is looking at it.

Victor Crespo June 3, 2022

Thanks Nic.

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi, @Victor Crespo !

Of course, you can. Use "currentUser()" JQL function for this. 

For example:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved order by updated DESC
Victor Crespo June 3, 2022

Hi Alexander, thanks for the answer, but this does not work. I have tested it. I have prepared a structure with this JQL function, but when the structure is opened by another colleague, what he is displaying are my Issues, not his Issues.

Suggest an answer