Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is it possible to create a Structure whose content depends on the user that is using it?

To illustrate with an example, it is as I would want to create a Structure with "my open Issues", taking into account that this will be different for each user that launch the Structure.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Victor Crespo,

Transformations would be helpful in this case – it's a Structure feature that lets you make local adjustments to a structure, without changing it for everyone else.

"Assigned to me" is a quick transformation (or filter) that you can already choose by default, but you can of course add more filters as needed.

Hope this helps,
Kathryn

0 votes

No.  You can't have a structure vary by who is looking at it.  You can have a structure include different issues by user when the structure is using a filter like "reporter = currentUser()", but the structure itself is a fixed layout.

I am trying to imagine a scenario where this would be of any use.  The point of a structure is to have a shared understanding of how issues are related to each other.  You don't get that if the structure varies by who is looking at it.

0 votes

Hi, @Victor Crespo !

Of course, you can. Use "currentUser()" JQL function for this. 

For example:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved order by updated DESC

Hi Alexander, thanks for the answer, but this does not work. I have tested it. I have prepared a structure with this JQL function, but when the structure is opened by another colleague, what he is displaying are my Issues, not his Issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you