Is it possible to create a Jira Chart in Confluence that shows all the issues assigned to a user?

Susi Nanne July 14, 2023

Hi, 

I use Jira Work Management and have many projects. I'd like to create an overall graphic per user of all the issues they have assigned by project. Is this possible in any. way? 

I know how to generate graphics on Confluence pulling info from Jira. But I don't know if there's a JQL command I can use to include all the projects. 

I would really appreciate your help :) 

Thank you for your time

DC2D1705-9EEA-45D0-8705-D12DFC679F45.jpeg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2023

Hello @Susi Nanne 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

You said "I know how to generate graphics on Confluence pulling info from Jira." Exactly how are you pulling the data from Jira? Are you using a JQL statement in the macro that you are adding in Confluence?

If you are familiar with JQL, then the way to get issues from all projects is to not include any criteria in the JQL that would limit the projects from which issues are selected; i.e. do not include any statements like:

project = X

project in (X, Y, Z)

However, the data that is displayed in Confluence will be based on the person who is viewing the data. The Confluence page will show them information based on only the issues they can see in Jira.

Susi Nanne July 14, 2023

Thank you for your response! 

For individual projects, I am currently using "project = KEY", and also the one that shows you 3 projects at a time (project in (X,Y,X).

One limitation I've encountered is that it only allows me to visualize three projects simultaneously.

I found the way, and it's: assignee = "username"

However, I'm encountering an issue where I can only retrieve information from certain users, rather than everyone, even though they all have the same permissions. It's quite strange. I might consider contacting customer support as this could be a bug.

Thanks your for your help! 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2023

Where exactly are you creating this graphic? Is it in Confluence?

Which macro are you using?

Are you using a JQL? I don't believe there is any built in limitation that says you can only visualize 3 projects.

Can you show use exactly what you are doing, what macros you are using, the JQLs you are using, and how the results don't meet your expectations when you try to include more than 3 projects?

Can you show us data from Jira to show that information contained there is not getting included in the results?

0 votes
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2023

Hi @Susi Nanne - I'm a product manager on Jira Software and I'm doing research into people's experience with Jira Software. Would you be willing to catch up to discuss your experience? You can schedule a session with me here https://calendly.com/eoinryan/30min We'd be willing to compensate you with a $75 gift card. Thanks! Eoin

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events