Is it possible to copy a company value into a custom field

spe February 16, 2018

Hi

We need to copy the field customer ID of a company in Atlas CRM into a custom field in JIRA.
Is this already possible through postfunctions and / or Automation for JIRA?

Thank you for a response.

Sebastian

4 answers

3 votes
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2018

Hi Sebastian,

It's currently not possible to access Atlas CRM data through postfunctions or Automation for Jira. We have an internal issue to investigate if it's possible for us to make this possible, I have added a vote for this issue on your behalf.

Could you tell me what are trying to achieve by adding a customer ID to the issue? Do you want to see this data directly when you open the issue? Or do you want to automate something?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2018

Hi Maarten,

This functionality would be really interesting for us to be able to sort by company in the columns in the issue navigator or show this in gadgets. 

It is important to have contacts and company data in the issue because otherwise it takes my agents too many steps to so to the CRM and add a customer to a company when they have already done that at issue level.

I understand that for some people the company and contact related to an issue do not have to be related between them, but for us it is always related, so having to update this information twice its "too many steps" for my team.

Regards!

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2018

Hi Lara,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It's incredibly useful.

This functionality would be really interesting for us to be able to sort by company in the columns in the issue navigator or show this in gadgets.

This is something we would love to add to Atlas CRM. It is possible for us to add this data to Jira, but it's not great for performance yet. For some users, it would slow down parts of Jira and make it unusable. We're talking to Atlassian about this and hope it will be fixed soon, so we can actually start using this.

It is important to have contacts and company data in the issue because otherwise it takes my agents too many steps to so to the CRM and add a customer to a company when they have already done that at issue level.

I understand that for some people the company and contact related to an issue do not have to be related between them, but for us it is always related, so having to update this information twice its "too many steps" for my team.

I think you're referring to the situation where you link a company and a contact to an issue, but the company and contact are not linked to each other yet. To fix this, you have to open one or the other, which indeed takes too many steps.

We're working on an improved design that fixes this issue. It's not going to be easy to implement, but we are working on it.

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2018

Thanks for you answer Maarten! I know it is hard sometimes to be limited by the product!

I'll look forward hearing about your next releases!

alamos December 20, 2018

We also need access to company field within JQL. We created a custom field for the company, where we select which type of service contract our customer has. This information is needed in JQL for SLA's, so we can set the corresponding times. 

Is this function planned or already integrated?

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2018

Unfortunately we are still blocked because of a performance issue within Jira. For anyone who is waiting for this functionality to be implemented, please vote on this issue and leave a comment explaining why you would like it to be fixed:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-1315

Michelle Gaul March 21, 2019

This is also exactly what I am looking for.

I want to import or access some data from the atlas crm directly to the issue.

For example I would like to have an issue queue only for a specific company (a big player for our company, which creates a good amount of all issues). Then I would need a custom field "company" in the issue screen filled with the atlas crm information for this issue. Even if in the direct issue screen the information might be redundant, it would help a lot for my automation system.

Kind regards

Michelle

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2019

Hi Michelle,

If you would like to create a queue for one or more specific customers, you can use JQL to do so. If your customer is "ACME", it would look like this:

company = "ACME"

You can find more information in our documentation here: https://www.atlascrm.io/documentation/advanced-jql/.

With kind regards,
Maarten

P.s.: This applies to the Cloud version of Atlas CRM. The JQL queries on Server are somewhat different.

2 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2018

Is this already possible through JQL?

As far as I know, JQL is only for searching issues. You can copy fields with workflow postfunctions in jira.

spe February 16, 2018

Ah, right. That's what I actually meant.
Edited my question accordingly.

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2018
spe February 16, 2018

Thank you for your answer. I don't think this is exactly what I'm looking for.

To clarify:
We have a field for our customers in the CRM that holds the customer ID.
What we'd like to do is that value to be copied into a custom field upon creation with the Automation for JIRA plugin.

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2018

but the field that holds the customer ID in crm is not accessible in automation.

or is it ?

spe February 16, 2018

That's what I don't know. I can't seem access it directly but maybe there's a way I didn't yet think of.
I know it's possible to access "entities" through the automation plugin but I don't know if I can use that to access the customer ID.

0 votes
Tomo Jarc April 15, 2021

I would join to the request as well. For any one who is dealing with a lot of external customers, the solution of Atlas CRM is very beneficial. Further on, we'd like to use the fields from CRM contact or company for the automation or in the list of issues or in the view of issue directly.

Just one example. If an agent want to call the reporter it would be great that the reporter's phone number is available in the issue's view directly. And not 2 clicks away like today. Or to obtain any data about a contact or companies. Multiply by the number of additional clicks for every ticket you have to process each day, month, year as an agent.

I'm looking forward to news that the issue will be addressed.

0 votes
Maurice Stassen January 15, 2021

Is there somewhere an issue for automation action to set Atlas CRM comnpany that i can vote for ?

Suggest an answer