Is it possible to configure a Filter to send email notification to the Assignee in addition to a user group?

Sauddawood Sauddawood January 7, 2012

I have a filter which returns overdue issues and sends email notification to the PM group. Jira allows only one user/group to be selected as the recepient. Is it possible to select the Assignee in addition to a user group as the recepients?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2012

May be I will explain a bit more. You need two filters and two subscriptions

Filter 1

• Condition: duedate < now() and resolution is empty
  • Subscription: Daily to all PM group

Fiilter 2

• Condition: duedate < now() and resolution is empty and assignee=currentUser()
  • Subscription: Daily to all development group containing all people who can be the possible assignees
Sauddawood Sauddawood September 10, 2015

Thanks mate. It seems to be working now. The mistake which I made last time was that all the possible users were not added to the development group. It works now and sends the email notification to the respective assignee only.

Like # people like this
Natalia Lezhai January 22, 2019

@Sauddawood Saud so not all of the users from that group receive the email?

Kari December 1, 2022

@Renjith Pillai Hi Renjith, many thanks for your answer.
Can you please explain where to enter the filter? 

best 

Karima 

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2012

What we used to do was to create the filter with Assignee as 'Current User' and create the subscription for the group that includes all the people in the project. With this, Jira will create customized emails with the issues valid only for each individual and sends out the notification. If you want some other group to receive all the overdue issues create another filter without the 'Current User' criteria and create another subscription for that group.

Another feature that may come handy in this case is to define the second filter first and then create the first filter (including the 'Current User' criteria) by mentioning filter = <<id of the filter create in the above step>> in the JQL query. With this you will avoid repeating the selection criteria of the issues twice.

Sauddawood Sauddawood September 10, 2015

Thanks Renjith but let me clarify my question a bit further.

My filter query is [duedate < now() and resolution is empty] which I have configured to run everyday at a particular time. It works fine as it returns all the issues which are past their due date for all assignees and sends the email to the PM group but my requirement is to additionally send the automated email to the respective assignees as well telling them about the issues which are assigned to them which are overdue instead of the Project manager manually forwarding the list of oustanding issues to each assignee every day.

I tried your suggestion by modifying the query to [duedate < now() and resolution is empty and assignee=currentUser()] but it doesn't work. Am I missing something here.

Suggest an answer