Is it possible to automatically send a email to an existing Jira ticket

AHANAUER-EXTERNAL May 3, 2023

Hi,

At the moment I copy and paste replies from emails into Jira Tickets comments - one by one.

Is it possible to automate this so when I reply to an email I add a specific "emai@jira" with the Jira ticket number in the subject that would automatically attach that email to the ticket? 

Or maybe just copy the text from the email into into the comment box of the Jira ticket? 

either option would be great. 

I just want to skip the manual copy and paste every single email into Jira tickets. 

Thank you,

Anderson

2 answers

1 vote
Vando Goncalves (e-Core) May 3, 2023

@AHANAUER-EXTERNAL as @Aron Gombas _Midori_ mentioned, you can leverage the incoming mail and mail handlers already existing in your Cloud instance.

When you send an e-mail to that address, the handler will check the email subject to see if matches and existing issue key and if does, will add the email body as a comment to that issue.

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

It is possible to create a comment from an email using the email handler.

See the configuration tutorial here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events