Is it possible to assign more than one assignee for a ticket(EPIC/Story/Task/Bug)

SivaKumaran February 6, 2021

Is it possible to assign more than one assignee for a ticket(EPIC/Story/Task/Bug)

Actually here my doubt is for a single ticket 3 developers are working. For that need to create 3 different tickets for same work

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2021

Hi @SivaKumaran ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, the issue has only one assignee. I feel this is the right thing, because you want to know, who is responsible for the delivery (= assignee). Only one person, shared responsibility usually doesn't work.

You can handle this situation more ways, but I believe the most common one is to create (or let your team create) Sub-task for each developer (because they don't do exactly the same work on the issue).

Sub-tasks are not usable for Epics, Epics are large bodies of work that should be broken down into a number of smaller tasks, the usual hierarchy is:

• Epic -> Story -> Sub-task
  • Epic -> Task -> Sub-task

etc.

I would recommend you to go through the Agile Couch, there are many useful information, how to handle different situations...

SivaKumaran February 6, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová 
Thanks for the response
It helps

But we need to assign more than one assignee for a ticket

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2021
Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2021

"we need to assign more than one assignee for a ticket"

No, you do not.  That statement is wrong.  

By all means, add something that says "other people to talk to about this issue" - a group picker, a multi-user field, even a label.  But you should only ever have a single human assignee.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events